Every led display people know that outdoor led display must be have a good IP proof level to ensure a good quality.
R&D engineers of YONWAYTECH LED display now simply sort out the knowledge of LED display waterproof for you.
Generally, the protection level of LED display screen is IP XY.
For example, IP65, X indicates the level of dust-proof and foreign invasion prevention of LED display screen.
Y indicates the sealing degree of moisture-proof and water-proof invasion of LED display screen.
The larger the number is, the higher the protection level is.
Let’s talk about the significance of X and Y numbers respectively.
X means the number code:
- 0: Not protected. No protection against contact and ingress of objects.
- 1:>50mm. Any large surface of the body, such as the back of the hand, but no protection against deliberate contact with a body part.
- 2:>12.5mm. Fingers or similar objects.
- 3. >2.5mm. Tools, thick wires, etc.
- 4. >1mm.Most wires, screws, etc.
- 5. Dust Protected. Ingress of dust is not entirely prevented, but it must not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with the satisfactory operation of the equipment; complete protection against contact.
- 6.Dust Tight.No ingress of dust; complete protection against contact.
Y means the number code:
- 0. Not protected.
- 1. Dripping water. Dripping water (vertically falling drops) shall have no harmful effect.
- 2. Dripping water when tilted up to 15°. Vertically dripping water shall have no harmful effect when the enclosure is tilted at an angle up to 15° from its normal position.
- 3. Spraying water. Water falling as a spray at any angle up to 60° from the vertical shall have no harmful effect.
- 4. Splashing water. Water splashing against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effect.
- 5. Water jets. Water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- 6. Powerful water jets. Water projected in powerful jets (12.5mm nozzle) against the enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- 7. Immersion up to 1m. Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
- 8. Immersion beyond 1m. The equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. Normally, this will mean that the equipment is hermetically sealed. However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only in such a manner that it produces no harmful effects.
We can see that the indoor and outdoor water-proof classification of LED displays is different.
The waterproof level of outdoor is generally higher than that of indoor.
Because there are more outdoor LED displays on rainy days or in need of waterproof than indoor LED displays.
For example, it may be easier for you to understand the waterproof parameters of the LED display screen.
The protection level of the display screen is IP54, IP is the marking letter; the number 5 is the first marking number, and the number 4 is the second marking number.
The first digit indicates the level of protection that the enclosure provides against access to hazardous parts (e.g., electrical conductors, moving parts) and the ingress of solid foreign objects. The second digit indicates the waterproof protection level.
The waterproof level of outdoor LED full-color display screen is IP65.
6 is to prevent objects and dust from entering the screen.
5 is to prevent water from entering the screen when spraying.
Of course, there is no problem in led display with a rainstorm.
YONWAYTECH have tested all of our outdoor led display before delivery, the IP protection level of the outdoor LED display cabinet must reach IP65 to achieve the true sense of waterproof and reliable performance.
Post time: Nov-07-2020